Holly Shearman – CPM, Administrator and Clinical Director
I love being a midwife. I love being able to witness a woman giving birth. It is such a powerful and sacred event each and every time. It never gets old. Birth is such a miracle. I am dedicated to helping women and their families achieve the birth experience they desire.
I have always been interested in delivering babies but not sure which route to pursue. While doing my prerequisites for nursing school our family was relocated to Korea. In Korea my eyes were opened to alternative healthcare. I became interested in herbs and homeopathy and shortly after moving back home to San Antonio found a local midwifery organization. I attended one of the monthly meetings and was immediately “hooked”. I knew I had found my passion. I began midwifery school and attending births in 1995, while pregnant with my third child. His birth at home changed me-it was a much better experience than giving birth in the hospital. I didn’t have to fight for what I wanted. I wish every woman could experience what I experienced.
I became a CPM in 1999 and since then have worked in a variety of settings ranging from having my own home birth practice and birthing center to serving the Amish and Mennonite populations in Virginia for a year.
Call todayto set up a free tour and consultation.
- Mother of 4 grown children
- Columbus University nursing school prerequisites completed
- Ancient Art Midwifery School
- Midwifery Apprenticeship/Internship 1995-1999
- NARM exam 1999 (Holly received 3rd highest score on NARM)
- CPM certified by NARM 1999
- Texas Midwife Licensed 2000
- Virginia Midwife Licensed by Board of Medicine 2010
- Owner Compassionate Care Midwifery Services (home birth practice) opened in 2000
- Delivered over 900 babies, including twins, breeches, and VBACS.
- Founder of San Antonio Birth Center 2007
- Staff Midwife at Bay Area Birth Center in Pasadena, Texas (2011-2012)
- Education Committee Member for Association of Texas Midwives Education Program
- Approved Preceptor for Association of Texas Midwives Education Program
- Approved Preceptor for Bastyr University Midwifery Program
- Trained many more than 5 wonderful midwives currently practicing in Texas
- Owner of West Houston Birth Center
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certified (current)
- CPR certified (current)
- Midwifery Conferences and Continuing Education (current-too many to list)
- Trained in natural therapies: herbs and homeopathy
- Water Birth Training by Barbara Harper
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring Training
- Posterior Labor/Delivery Management Training
- Breech and Twin Management Training by Anne Frye